The mission of Arkansas 811 is the protection of the public and prevention of damages resulting from accidents and/or incidents involving underground facilities.
Arkansas 811 Core Values:
Excellence We are committed to the pursuit of excellence in doing our work every day.
Teamwork We will respect and encourage one another, including team members and customers.
Integrity and Trust We will be honest and transparent across all stakeholders to earn and maintain their trust.
Responsibility We remain dedicated to provide public safety awareness and damage prevention training as needed to promote safe digging across the state of Arkansas.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Arkansas 811 does not locate utility lines.
- Utility companies have two working days to locate their buried lines. Each company will mark in a designated color.
- If there are no markings after two working days, please call Arkansas 811. Have your ticket number handy and we will notify the utilities for you again.
- Once the utility companies have located their lines, you must hand dig or use a method approved by the utility. You can dig within 18 inches of either side of the marks.
- Please keep in mind that utility companies will only locate their lines. There may be private facilities at your dig site that utility companies will not be able to mark. For example, any utility line behind the meter belongs to the property owner.
- If you have not completed your dig within 20 working days, or your marks are faded, you will need to contact Arkansas 811 to renew your ticket. Please note that if your markings are not visible your request will be considered invalid.
- If damage occurs, stop work and contact the utility company and 811. If gas is escaping notify 9-1-1